Share your knowledge, thoughts, and subject matter expertise about the criminal justice and forensic psychology fields, and/or your writing projects and resources. Even if you already have your own blog!
There are a few guidelines that you must follow though, if you want to be a guest blogger:
- Plagiarism is a no-no. Make sure that you write and post your own work, and that you give credit where credit is due.
- Be objective. This means that you must be as factually correct as possible, and without an obvious bias. This doesn’t mean that you can’t have an opinion, but make sure that you state the facts as accurately and clearly as you can, and then state your opinion. Let your readers make up their own mind.
- Be nice, and be fair. This means no posts that states any language or opinions that a reasonable person would consider to be discriminatory or hateful.
- State your credentials, and your subject matter expertise. Do you have an academic degree that is related to what you are writing about? Do you have any professional experience that is related to the field that you are writing about? Have you published any information or research about your topic? Are you an aficionado that has done some research, and you are looking for forum to share that research in? Sure, you know all about you – but your readers might not.
- Whenever possible, please state the sources of your information, and where readers can go to check for more information.
- Disclaimer alert. Please tell your readers if you have any personal, professional, and/or academic connection to the sources of your material.